Monday, March 8, 2010

Me, a Role Model?

While watching the boring Oscars last night, I kept fantasizing about my own acceptance speech. It's the one where I thank the Academy, my parents, my friends... and then tell everyone who doubted me to suck it. Classy. But honest.

While it may take me a bit to make that fantasy anything close to real, in the meantime, I've recently found myself dealing with fans. Thanks to my Sony commercial reaching 30K views on YouTube(talk about milking 15 minutes of fame!) I now have a new slew of them. Some are borderline stalkers, some are wannabees (read: they want to give me "entertainment advice" and yet the most they've done is perform in their high school talent show) and then there are the genuine kind, my faves! One of my most recent is this adorable kid named Blayne.

Blayne saw my commercial and then reached out to my personal YouTube page asking if I was the same person starring in the commercial. When I confirmed, he was psyched, told me I was his idol. I check this kid's YouTube page and see this video:



I'm his idol?? Pfft! This kid is 14 and making better videos than I did two years ago lol. If I can inspire a kid to be more awesome than they already are, I'm in! And while I'm doing that, I'll continue to be inspired by them. 

4 comments:

Goya said...

didn't i tell you once that you should do something with that talent of yours to inspire kids??? see, you've already done it!

Unknown said...

Ha! And he loves Work Jerks lol.

judieannphotography said...

Awwwe, that is so humbling!! You go girl. A fan base is all you need to keep doing what you're doing. I am confident that we will all get to hear that Oscar's acceptance speech one day! I loved Blayne's video. He rocked it out :-)

Anonymous said...

the video is down