Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Best of 2009 - Movie Edition

Best movie to make me question my mortality: The Road
Best movie to make me question John Cusak's mortality: 2012

Best movie adapted from a book about physical monsters: Where the Wild Things Are
Best movie adapted from a book about emotional monsters: He's Just Not That Into You

Best movie starring Zoe Saldana as a human: Star Trek 
Best movie starring Zoe Saldana as an alien: Avatar


Best movie I didn't know I would like: District 9
Best movie I thought I would like and hated: I Love You, Beth Cooper (book was hilarious!)

Best movie to remind me why I love George Clooney: Fantastic Mr. Fox
Best movie to remind me why I love George Clooney a couple of months later: Up in the Air

Best movie to remind me why it's awesome to have best friends: I Love You, Man!
Best movie to remind me to check on camera for evidence of what my best friends do while I'm not around: The Hangover

Best heartbreaking romantic comedy: 500 Days of Summer
Best heartbreaking romantic comedy that wasn't trying to be a heartbreaking romantic comedy but the acting was so bad that it was heartbreakingly comedic: Twilight- New Moon

Best 80s TV icon cameo in a movie: Lou Ferrigno (I Love You, Man!)
Best 80s movie icon cameo in a movie: Bill Murray (Zombieland)


Best movie we wish we could have seen in 2009: Actual, non-rehearsal concert footage of This is It
Best movie we won't have to see in 2009: Tiger in the Sack- A Tiger Woods Story





3 comments:

judieannphotography said...

LMAO!! I am going to have to rent 500 Days of Summer, everyone who i know that saw it, loved it!!

JFERNZ said...

Love the john Cusack mortality joke and the heartbreakingly bad acting of Twilight joke [ especially since you forced me to experience that with you!] You have a bright future as a movie critic if you decide to switch professions!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!