Thursday, December 3, 2009

California Dreamin' Part 4

Saturday (11/7)

(Short and sweet)

Why stay in LA when you have a rental car? Grab an address off the web, plug into my GPS and to Laguna we head. “No traffic!” I shout/whisper to Jaime because if I were to say it any louder, cars may suddenly creep out of thin air. We make it to Laguna beach in under an hour.

It’s a solid 70 degrees outside but we head to the beach anyway. I lay in jeans and a bikini top, determined to get some visible touch of sun. Did I mention it was hardly 70 degrees out? Soon I have my tank top back on and we give up on the tanning.

Walk over to the rocks and cliffs. Kick around in the water and marvel at some crabs stuck to the stone. Interesting to look at…as long as I am several feet away. I pretend to pose at the edge of the surf and don’t see the higher water coming my way. Splash! My jeans are soaked. Jaime smiles. He caught it on film. We sit in the setting sun as my jeans dry.

A walk around the surrounding streets brings us to a line of stores. I shop. Surprised? I exit Heavenly Couture with $100 worth of cute outfits. We dine on the beach wrapped in sweatshirts and jackets. There is something beyond amazing about the West coast sun. It can’t possibly be the same of that in NY. The ride home isn’t as lucky. We sit in traffic for more than an hour.

But it was worth it.

No comments: